Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2 January 2012

Today begins the 2013 section of my medical journey as I join the oncology center in welcoming new platelets and new blood to my tensed body (as well as some lunch and pie).  As expected, platelets were low at 3.  However, the disappointment came with the low hemoglobin at 6.8 after seeing stable numbers the past few times.  The data does support the lethargy of the past day and tiredness when walking around and such (versus having some other issue going on).

The nurses were kind enough to stick around late for me to get one unit, so tomorrow I'll get the other.  At least the white cells were still above 4 after being 5.2 last time (or something like that).

Prednisone is keeping me at weird hours like it did in the past, but that's tapering off day by day until I'm off of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment